Tuesday, September 29, 2009

太恐怖了Terrifying shit

I have to put the Chinese words at my title cos that was what immediately came to my mind when my dad asked me out from the house to see what has happened to our car.

My humble black Kenari, which is parked JUST outside my house was broken into.

You say 恐怖 or not 恐怖? (Terrifying)

Hello, it's bloody in front of my front gate, with the lights of my living hall and gate compound switched on and that petty prowler decided to try his devil's dare on my small car hoping to get some small fortune from it.

Pathetic.

You might ask me how did the thief manage to break open my car or is my window smashed into pieces or things like that. Let me explain.

So, after we came back from dinner, my dad just slip the car key into his pocket cos he's gonna go out soon after anyway. While we were chit chatting, my dad accidentally sit on the car key and the car went unlocked. We didn't care much cos it does usually happens: He will sit on it and unlock the car.

After some 5 minutes, he was moving around while talking, unnoticingly sat on it again, and locked the car back. By that time, he realised he would have to go out already. When he was wearing his shoes, he heard a noise of motorbike engine starting. He wouldn't care much though, cos it's nothing peculiar about that.

But when he walked towards the car, he found out the co-driver's car door was opened. With things from the dashboard all messily thrown onto the seat. The coinbox was forced out from its compartment and you know well that it was all, taken away. Those tiny amount of cents were not even given chance to stay.

Nothing valueable was stolen cos we all should know very well nothing valueable should be left in the car. The society is getting more terrifying, more than you could ever imagine, more than how you would not want to admit it.

Within that short period of 5 mins, my car was hastily being broken into. 5 mins. Who would expect that 5 mins of accidental unlocking of your car will lead you to someone breaking into it? Mind you, is only 5 mins.

I kept saying: 太恐怖了 to my dad. Simlutaneously reflecting back how many careless times I have had forgetting to lock my car, not for minutes but hours; and thinking how many times have I escaped from the misfortunes. Everytime when it happened, I silently convinced myself: aiya, no one will know my car is unlocked one la, plus nothing happen also what, nevermind, as long as I really remember to lock my car the next time. And the same incident would repeat.

This time I reckon, is a not a coincidence. Maybe it's purposely making a point for me to really double check everytime before I leave my car.

I silently feel very blessed for this very minor incident and the protection that I have always been under. ;)

2 comments:

liowyingtian said...

It's really terryfying shit. gees

Des said...

At least you're ok. Be grateful for that.

A couple of years back, theives broke into my friends place in the wee hours of the morning - 3am I think - stole the cars keys for the Camry and an SUV and drove the cars right out the front gate...while my friend's family were watching a movie upstairs!

Like that also can. They didn't touch her MyVi which was parked outside the house.